
Our neighborhood is very hilly. That’s why I haven’t thought about teaching Maarten on a ‘real’ bicycle yet. He loves his tricycle but I believe he may soon be able to ride a bike as well.
Only Maarten’s size may be a problem. The 12-inch bike is already too small.
So he went straight to a ‘big’ bike, with training wheels.
The only thing we need now is to look for level terrain...

In the United States, Fathers' Day is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday in June, today thus.
Early in the morning Maarten wakes up ‘papa’ with a self made present!
Though, I guess, Rob may appreciate sleeping late even more.

For the past month or so we have had a new ‘roommates’, the swallows.
Because of our trip to Utah we couldn't prevent them from building their nest. And since I don’t want to disturb the wildlife I keep patiently cleaning the mud and their other nesting materials; and lately... the poop.
But this morning there is a lot of mud and straw on the ground. It’s everywhere and among all that I recognize three chicks all covered in wet mud and they are dead. What a scary and sad sight! Luckily Maarten didn't find them.

We improve our mood at our favorite beach.
The fog dissolves soon. Despite the sun, the wind stays very chilly.
It’ Sunday, Father’s Day, and this beach is empty as usual!?

Maybe because one has to walk one mile to get down here?

We enjoy the solitude and Maarten can’t even sit to eat his lunch.
He is too busy collecting all the seashells and crab claws.
No comments:
Post a Comment