I would not call this an ‘American’ usage since there are actually no Americans at parties we usually attend.
Today it’s the first day in weeks when the temperature seems to stay below 90 °F.
I know people in Holland would probably not understand our complaining but the persistent heat for weeks is really tiring.
Maarten doesn’t get ill easily but now he has suffered an annoying cold for almost a week. Rob got a bad migraine attack; he even had to leave his office. We can’t get out of the house during the day. The water in the pool is hot like coffee.

Silly us, we thought to chill at the beach as normally but we forgot that September has already started, one of the most agreeable and also warm months at the Pacific coast.
PS: I should mention the Saturday night earthquake of 4.0 Magnitude. Since the epicenter was in the nearby Alamo we experienced it pretty intense. At 9 p.m. the house started to shake and crake and the dishes were clattering and clanging together in the cupboard.
Let’s hope it will always stay by that.
No comments:
Post a Comment