I just got back from a bike ride.
After my hike on Tuesday I'm happy I can enjoy my daily workout without pain again!
Maria, a friend of mine, asked me to join her on hikes organized twice a week.
I should have payed more attention to her remark of being 'a little sore' after her first hike with the group.
A 'five-mile-something' sounded as a great way to meet the group.
I was already pleased by their starting speed promising a challenging hike in this hilly terrain.
And there were hills! The sun soon dissolved the cool morning fog.
Also the group got slowly spread out along the trail following the white flour arrows made by Susy, our leader.
We walked uphill, down and up to the ridge and down again...
And still in the power walking pace!
Only a second I thought about my forgotten camera.
I wouldn't be able to take a picture anyway!
I have to admit there was a moment I felt really very bad.
Should I blame Gilbert or admit that I'm in a bad shape?
This was the first time after a hike I was happy to see houses again. Somewhere out there my car was waiting!
I shouldn't have been so stubborn trying to keep up with the leading group.
As for Maria, she is a marathon runner after all!
Stubborn?
I can't wait for my next hike with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment