I usually complain about the sunny, hot and dry weather here in California...
This morning's storm, partially the remnants of Typhoon Melor, which blasted Japan late last week, obviously brought more troubles for the Californians.
Next to the threat of devastating flooding and mudslides, we can also expect power outages. This is quite a scary idea. We experienced how badly such a power outage can damage your household just when we moved into our San Ramon home 3 years ago.
Gusty winds and heavy rain already caused a lot of traffic problems this morning.
Wrapped in his 'Dutch' rain gear, Rob had a safe bike ride to work despite the bad weather.
Yet this was a long drive to school for me and Maarten. The freeway was completely congested due to several car accidents.
But our 'California boy' was totally thrilled about the raindrops drumming heavily against the roof and windows. I wonder if he'll still appreciate the rainy weather in Belgium.
I know how this might sound, but the rain is actually really needed and welcome in this dry area. And unlike the previous years, more wet weather might come for California this winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment