
I don't have much affinity with the Mother’s Day.
Like everyone in an ex socialist country I grew up celebrating of Mezinárodní Den Žen (International Women's Day) on the 8th of March.
I have no idea if this is still observed in the Czech Republic but, as far as I remember, March 8th used to be celebrated quite exuberantly, especially in the workplace.
Once, encouraged by my Dutch friends, I sent a Mother’s Day card and my mom's reaction was obvious “Why is that?!”
People worry about the presents for their mother(-in-law)s and honestly, even now that I'm a mom, Mother’s Day still doesn’t mean much to me.
The modern mama’s ultimate Mother’s Day wish? Breakfast in bed and sleep late?
I don’t care to eat in bed but it was nice Maarten let us sleep till 8 this Sunday!
I found it a bit weird to receive the (for days discussed secret) present in the car but Maarten insisted.
When I opened the red package he started to recite this poem by heart which really touched me.
I knew they were discussing cars in the class these days, that’s why they made this cute candy box for mama’s car.
Chapeau bas, at Miss Geneviève creativity!
And surely enough Maarten was most interested in opening the box and ‘showing’ me the colorful candies.

Despite the long hike Maarten amused himself wonderfully all the way through the beautiful forested Maarkedal. What a big treat for me!
Right, no one would believe he was impressed by the picturesque villages and fabulous panoramic views.

Well, he wasn’t but also he seemed to find the blue and sweet smelling carpet of wild hyacinths fascinating.

But the variety of the trail, sometimes leading through dense lush vegetation and particularly the farm animals at pasture along the grassy path were the real source of excitement.
And what about the red balloon from Leontýnka?

Too bad he got stung by the hated stinging nettle again. No need to say he doesn’t care that this really is harmless compared to the poison oak we had to deal with in California.
No comments:
Post a Comment