Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vêves - Gendron - Furfooz


We visited the castle of Vêves with my mom-in-law some 6 years ago. The reason for romantic memories might be my fresh pregnancy, at that time, when despite the really bad nausea I felt like I was walking on air.

Reading about the possibility of hiking in the castle surroundings I wanted to go there again.

The guidebook promised splendid panoramic views of the La Lesse Valley, glimpse of castle of Noisy, crossing of the river and her tributary for several times, climbing steep slopes through a wild forest...
In some way I missed the busy paved highway and exposed field roads.



Luckily there was a great wading spot in the creek. The water must be really cold but Maarten found a way to warm his frozen feet afterwards.
He simply peed on them. Boys?!!




We left the woods. I sensed troubles seeing the long road through the wheat fields stretching ahead of us.
Yet the roadsides were lined with wild flowers, with chamomile in particular. It filled the hot air with a wonderful subtle scent.


Maarten amused himself by collecting the flowers for his favorite tea and it seemed he didn’t notice much of this boring road.

PS: Regrettably, the heat took its toll. Maarten got a fever during the night and therefore he had to miss the long-awaited school trip to the "Brielle meester".

No comments: