Thursday, August 16, 2012

Any suggestions?!

I’ve got him! Finally! I found him! Now I will never let him go! Can I keep him? Please?!! I will teach him to obey me. Maarten is holding a snake up by the middle of its body. The snake is moving really fast trying to extricate from Maarten’s grip. Toss it!! Immediately! That’s the only think I can do as Maarten is deep down the trail at the river bank… It wa probably only a grass snake and I’m really glad that we were not in Angola at that moment. But, please, most of the year we live in tropical Africa!
While Maarten and I were enjoying the summer in Europe our home was moved again. Our new compound is further away from the city center and adjacent to agricultural lands. There is a lot of new construction going on. Digging, grading and trenching surely destroys the natural habitat. No wonder that wildlife finds its way into our back yards. Last week they found a 5 feet long snake in front of the neighbor’s house and couple of weeks before even a black mamba in the neighboring compound! It seems we will have to take some drastic measures to prevent our son from catching everything that crawls around. Any suggestions?!

1 comment:

HandMadeRukodelky said...

No suggestions from me. I would probably join him. A danger or not a danger.