Thursday, March 29, 2007

Camping dreams ;-)

Rob is home from Miami since Saturday so everybody is happy again.
The weather is less pleasant than a week ago. We still have plenty of sunshine but the wind is freezing and yesterday it was even stormy. I hope the temperature will improve because our ‘teta Zdenka’ is coming this Friday. Yippee Yippee Yeah!

Even we are pretty late this year it’s time to think about our summer vacation. We have already seen a lot last year. At the time thinking we have to go back to Europe in the end of August we tried to see as much as possible of the California beauty. As you know by now we have enough time to explore further.
Some may be surprised that we decided to go camping as from now!
There are more reasons for us to do this. I’m sure we will never get to this move if we still would be living in Europe. I was not really fan of the overcrowded 'full luxurious’ campgrounds…
But during our trips last year we’ve discovered that the campgrounds here are nicely settled in the most beautiful nature with just the basic facilities and most of all they are quiet! So if you love the nature and you really want to experience it (not just from the window of your car) the best you can do is to look for a campground. In the more remote areas there is mostly no other way of accommodation or a very little choice anyway.
Long time ago I used to camp with my friends very often. The campgrounds were at that time (in the past Czechoslovakia) very similar to those I’ve found here. So I’m really excited. And now with Maarten it’s going to be even more fun.
Anyway we are busy to get all the necessary camping gear we need. This is going to be our family tent.
We’ve already booked the first weekend of May at the Pfeifer Big Sur State Park campground. I can’t wait!

No comments: