Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Happiest Girl!



I wish I could keep my resolution to survive here without a car. I’m sorry but I’m not!
After testing several old wrecks, several things became more clear. I’m not such a car specialist but I knew I’d like to have a car with a good gas mileage (considering the rising gas prices ;-)) and it has to be a ‘green’ PZEV vehicle for sure…
We have to drive all the way to Napa but I finally have got what I wanted!

Now Maarten goes to school twice a week I can finally improve my own social life (next to all the mother’s stuff of course).
I was already a member of the Ch. Women Organization but only after two years I can really participate in their activities. And I meet so many nice people from around the world! And they even have got a hiking group! I’m definitely in!

Yesterday I've enjoyed another girl’s night out. In my native language this time! We had so much fun I hope we will do it more often.


Also Maarten is doing great at school. The third day he was still a little bit doubtful but after giving me a kiss he joined his teacher at the playground.
And when I came to pick him up this Thursday he didn’t want to leave the classroom! And at home he even comes out with some words and even short sentences in English!!!

I would join Donna Fargo to sing “I’m the haaappiiiest giirl in the…”

No comments: