Monday, October 22, 2007

Las Trampas Regional Wilderness


Maarten stays very aware after seeing this signboard at the Las Trampas Wilderness. He is always quite scared of the possible puma attacks and I admit I don’t mind when he keeps walking next to me.
Now and then we hear the Steller’s Jays and crows cawing which makes it also more adventurous to Maarten.




But the first part of the trail seems to be quite boring to him. There is no stream to throw pebbles or sticks in it and there are no acorns to collect either. Soon the only interesting thing to him seems to be the ‘Snuggli’.
I’m a little jealous to see other hikers continuing up the hill. I know it is pretty challenging to go with Maarten in the back carrier. I’m not good enough to carry his 37 pounds entirely to the top of the Vail Peak.
Time to return.

I ask Maarten if he is doing well in the back carrier, his answer is ‘no’.
“What’s wrong?”
“You don’t have any raisins!”


On our way back Maarten forgets about his ‘tiredness’ when we enter the shady Bollinger Creek trail. Unfortunately the creek is still completely dry but the wooded path is definitely more exciting for my little hiker ;-)

No comments: