Thursday, November 6, 2008

Exciting Times

This past Friday was Halloween. Our fourth one. As I’ve already mentioned, we arrived in the U.S. three years ago exactly on this particular day. I remember having mixed up feelings about seeing the people at customs dressed in costumes. Weird people those Americans, I thought...

After learning more about this practice and getting used to it, I have to admit that Halloween became one of my favorite holidays.

I love fall and this celebration fits very well into this season.
Even though we spent almost all of October visiting Europe, we were still in time for the Pumpkin Patch.

The boys even successfully made their first “jack-o’-lanterns”. Everything is much more fun to share with a little one. Maarten was soo excited seeing the lighted pumpkin face in the back yard.
Unfortunately, he laid down on the sofa seized with a fever. Probably still an aftereffect from jet lag.

We spent HALLOWEEN NIGHT at a friends’ house and Maarten and Anton, all dressed up as a pirate and a vampire, had an exciting time going trick-or-treating from door-to-door in the neighborhood.

The best part of the evening were of course tons of candies and...Maarten’s trick-or-treat baskets.


Starting with Halloween night the weather finally felt like fall. It also started to rain which pleased me and Maarten as well.


It got much colder and therefore Rob looked for his winter slippers. That’s how we found out that we are not the only residents in this house.


Another big issue during the last week and, I believe the most important one, was the presidential election. We are not allowed to vote of course but even we had our preference. I will not sum up all the reasons why I support Barack Obama.
I hope he will fulfill his promise to endorse the recovery of American economy and first and foremost take actions to improve our environment.

I understand some people are disappointed with the election results.
Yet, what shocked me was the range of reactions among my Republican friends against those with opposite political beliefs.
Let’s all respect each others' views and opinions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

vy mate taky mysaky ?? :)houba

Jana said...

jojo, uz jsme ho dostali na lopatku ;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy HALLOWEEN!!!