Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Krokus Kindje"

Today it's Maarten's birthday.
I expected him to have a party this year and I was ready for that.
I had some ideas and I even tried to convince him. It would be nice to invite his friends...
But our birthday boy didn't even want to hear about it.

Right, this is his big day, so let it be his way. Maybe next year...

Usually we decorate the house with streamers and balloons to surprise him in the morning, but today we pretend this is just a ordinary Monday. (Even though this is pretty hard to pretend. At least for me.)
An ordinary Monday...except for the muffin celebration at school and going skiing afterwards.

What a shame we couldn't get the cabin one day earlier.
This is why we need to postpone the celebration for one day.

I'm happy to see the heavy rain while driving through the Sacramento Valley. Just imagine how much snow it's gonna be up the mountain!
We are driving past Emigrant Gap and Yuba Pass, but even at Soda Springs it's still raining. Pouring actually. I know I always wish for rain...but not while heading out skiing.


The romantic idea of a snow covered cabin, snow heavy trees... all this my imagination disappears of a sudden.
The only thing I don't have to worry about is how to put on tire chains.

The boys just manage to build a snowman from the snow rests on the deck.
They stubbornly try to keep their tradition.
They always build a snowman on the deck!
Will he still be there in the morning?

No comments: