
Sinterklaas is in the country again! Maarten looks out the window every evening in hoop to spot the old bischop or his helpmate Piet.
At school he's learned some traditional Sinterklaas songs but he is also singing some in French! This is a little frustrating for me since 'Saint Nicolas' and 'tralala' is all I understand.

I didn't have the car today so Maarten had to miss his school.
A long planned trip to the historical downtown was a good option for me but how to make it attractive for Maarten as well?
Luckily I've recently read about Hendrik, the little ghost of Huis van Alijn, a museum right in the downtown.
All children under 9 years of age can put there their shoes at one of the many museum fireplaces.
There we had a good reason to get out to the rainy streets of Ghent!
Maarten drew a picture of Sinterklaas (and me) and put it in one of his sneakers.

After the Saint Nicholas' eve Maarten can pick up his shoe again with, hopefully, a little something in it.
If he has been good of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment