
The snow has started to fall yesterday afternoon just before we left for our first play date with local Anglophone kids. No need to say how difficult it was to get Maarten in the car.
He was pretty excited to hear 'Miss Ruth's language' again but the homemade cookies were most definitely the highlight of the party!
Except of the pastry-and-pies discussion I enjoyed myself as well.
You know, I’m not the playgroup’s biggest fan. Yet, I believe, engaging Maarten in social interaction with English speaking children may be important for developing and maintaining this language. We'll see.

Wondering how our settling down in Belgium continues?
It is, actually, my true intention to forget the last couple of weeks. I would sum it up as a sad and stressful experience in a house full of chaos and boxes; however it can always be worse...
And being busy trying to unpack and set up the new household is the best way I keep my mind off missing California.

We will surely not be unpacked and settled before Christmas but looking out of the window into the snow-covered garden and seeing Maarten so happy going to his new school makes everything good.
No comments:
Post a Comment