Friday, August 26, 2011

There and back to Czech (22-25/8)


Traditionally we spent a night in Plzeň had dinner together at the old town’s U Salzmannů that we both enjoyed. Here Maarten told me about his wish to live in Czech Republic permanently. He said he loves hearing people speaking Czech, he wants attend a Czech school and that he actually dislikes the Dutch language! Well, I’m sure that his wish to live close to his favorite babi is of a great influence, but still, he always finds a way how to surprise me.
Walking back to the hotel we had to cross the old square and I took him to the outer altar of the St. Bartholomews church to touch the head of an angel that is supposed to bring good luck.
Without doubt to him this was a truly magical moment.


Next day we finally arrived to babi’s and Maarten got all answers to his never-ending questions such as “what are the doggies going to say, when they see me?”




They were all happy to see each other again so I left the next day for Plzeň to meet up with my past school friends. Unfortunately I got stuck in an awful traffic jam just outside of Prague and because the tropical heats afflicted Central Europe those days, without an air-conditioning it must have been at least 45 °C in the car!

Luckily chilling out at the many terraces of downtown Plzeň with my friends made all well again.

I was afraid the Plzeň's football fans will keep me up that night as there was an important match between Plzen en Copenhagen. But heavy showers, hail, lightning, thunder and strong wind chased almost all the fans away from the square where thousands were watching the match on a giant screen. What a storm!

Even though I was happy for my hometown to beat the Danes I didn’t get much sleep that night, but somehow, miraculously I got safe home the day after not even feeling tired.

No comments: