Sunday, June 24, 2007

Singer


Except fighting the ants there is always a lot at our Things-To-Do list. I’m already busy repainting our red cupboard for weeks. Luckily the boys took it over so it may be finished soon.

Finally I’ve bought a sewing machine. For a long time I was considering getting one as it comes always useful in our household. Like now I needed to sew sleeping bag liners for each of us. The nights in Northern California are chilly even the days are hot. Tonight at South Lake Tahoe the temperature dropped to 30 °F (-1 °C)! We are going to this area next Friday and I believe the sleeping bag liners will be just necessary if we won’t want to experience another night like at the Pfeiffer Big Sur SP.
It’s long time ago I was struggling with my mom’s sewing machine trying to make some fancy outfit for myself. To be honest I never liked it. I guess it requires a lot of patience which I possess just a very little.
But what a big success today! Even there were some moments of frustration and for a while I was even inclined to return it to the store it was at last worth the effort. Am I really transforming into a perfect SAHW?!?
It looks the machine will stay with us for the time being since there are more DIY projects to come.

No comments: