Friday, July 27, 2007

Summer Fever

The swimming classes are over and I DON’T miss it. I don’t know if it is San Ramon climate or it is just this year’s weather but this summer we have the fog almost every morning. Sometimes it was really unpleasant at the pool. I was not much impressed by the running of the class either. The instructors, high school students, were frozen as well and not much in the mood of teaching the children how to swim. Another issue was the dressing room. Here it’s common to dress already baby girls in swimsuits or give them a bra! Also all the little girls would change their clothes under a towel hold by their mom's. But not the grandma’s! They would promenade all over proud and completely naked. It is prohibited to take boys above 5 years into the women’s dressing room. But how would you do it with your little boy? O.K. so they all go to the women changing room with their mom’s. And also they are changed hidden in a towel. But where should the swimming adults change? I don’t know! I just noticed it was not very welcome by the non swimming mom’s when an adult had to change.
Anyway not very pleasant experience and we’ve been into this for two weeks every day.
I and Maarten still have other nice things on our schedule this summer. There is almost no time left for a day at the park or for a play date.

The day before yesterday Maarten had a sudden fever 103.1 °F (39.5 °C). His first fever ever! I wouldn’t recognize it at his behavior. He was cheerful, active and eating like always. And luckily how the temperature suddenly raised so quick it dropped again.

No comments: