Friday, October 26, 2007

'Den Blbec'/Southern CA Burns

I have no idea what are the good manners here but just to be sure I get some chocolate on my way to the ‘new members lunch’. I just hope Maarten is going to behave a little since this is ‘women only’ occasion ;-). It’s in a gated community and I have no good experiences with that. And indeed at the gate the porter looks at me surprised. She doesn’t have any note about my visit. Oh no! Not again! She asks my name once more: ‘You supposed to be here yesterday!’
What a shame! I don’t know why I thought about 23rd October to be this Wednesday?
Not the best way to make new friends... I feel pretty bad.
Maarten wants to go to the pumpkin patch every day. To make it up to him we go to a local San Ramon farm. Maarten falls asleep in the car. When I finally arrive at the farm there is only a big market stall with fruit and indeed pumpkins.
I let Maarten snooze and return home. What a day!

We still shouldn't complain, huh? While enjoying all the Halloween fun here the people in the South are going through hell. The news about the wildfires is really horrifying. I’m worried because a part of our family lives very close to the burning areas. It seems the worst is over but the fire is not completely extinguished yet.
Since I get a lot of questions about the wildfires you can read more here:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fire25oct25,0,6254607.story?coll=la-home-center




PS: Today: at the pumkin patch again ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Jana, it's been a while since I've checked your Blog!!! I almost forgot how interesting your life has become and I love the pictures. Maarten has become quite the boy, he sounds so cute and clever!! I'm glad that he
enjoys school now, and that you are meeting new people! I'm so happy
for you and your beautiful family!
I can't believe that it's two years that you are here already???
Love Peg