We found 'an almost perfect' ranch style house and also a perfect land lord but there is always something what doesn’t work out.
And... our house is really quite nice ... We still want to move out of here, right?
Anyway there are still more showings to come and who knows we may have a new home for the holiday.
The house hunting is greatly time-consuming though I try to keep up with all my other (social) commitments. The walking group once a week is a great opportunity to combine my favorite outdoor activity with a good conversation ;-) Besides of that we hike local open spaces where I would probably never look for a good trail. Like the Sugarloaf last week. It’s just next to the freeway but even from there you get such unexpected nice views.
And there is also my little treasure of course who always asks so much attention.
Maarten didn’t go to school today since there was a parent-teacher conference there. I understood this is something what not every preschool schedules. It’s a great opportunity to discuss child’s development and behavior. I wasn’t expecting much surprising since the teachers update me every time I’m there. But still it was good to hear that compare to many not English speaking children Maarten doesn’t hit or bite the others from the language frustration how the teacher used to. He is rather an observer who is pleased by any attention of the other children.
Well, as I have already mentioned last time he probably practices the misbehavior seen at school first at home with me.
This afternoon there was an event in the library: The Bubble lady! We were there just coincidentally since if it’s up to Maarten we would go there every day. But this was something unexpected yet a lot of fun. It was so busy and just when the bubble show was finished I couldn’t get straight to Maarten through the crowd and when I finally got there he was gone. Trying not to panic though I was getting really nervous. A very unpleasant moment.
Than finally I spot his blond head in the puzzle corner!
I should have understood that he had to finish his puzzle he had started before the show!
Anyway this afternoon was so much fun but also so exhausting to him that he ‘crashed’ in the bike trailer on our way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment