Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Carson Falls

Maarten is three now and I can’t postpone his visit to the dentist any longer.
But there is no need for postponing. Concerning the dentist Maarten is not such a chicken like me. And he even claims that he likes the treatment!


He has started the new preschool class and I guess he is the youngest of all the children now. This is not a problem for him since he always prefers bigger children. And we both like the new teachers.
Though he was a little clingy the first morning, he was very enthusiastic about the new class when I picked him up.


Even though he is goes to school every weekday, it is only till the noon and then he is obviously tired and bored at home. So it’s up to me to either struggle with his tiredness at home or think of amusing trips for both of us.

We usually go for a stroll along a creek or take a winding path through the woods, observing the wildlife or something similar.


However, last weekend we made a mistake. Even though our trip to the waterfalls should have been a fun trail along a creek, I didn't realize we had to first walk a mile over the ridge. Despite the beautiful views of the bay, Maarten seemed to only pay attention to the boring, climbing dirt path with no fun puddles to jump in or trees to climb up.
His energy returned only at the twisting path down to the falls.


The series of the waterfalls falling into a rock canyon were very tempting to him and it took a big effort to keep him away from the rocks and bring him to one of the small streams feeding the falls. Here he could fully enjoy the water.


I went further down following the steep path along the creek.



When I returned Maarten’s pants were completely wet but this didn’t seem to bother him or disrupt in his serious water activities.


Unfortunately one climb to the canyon’s rocky walls, ended up with a small hole in Maarten’s palm.
As usual he wasn’t crying at all but this time you could see pain in his face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.