
I was so proud to make my own money, never mind burning my hands in a bakery and bending down to pick potatoes turned up by the tractor. Many students did the same at that time.
For the very first paycheck I bought ski boots, the latest model.
My best friend bought a similar pair. You may guess, there was not much choice in my home country in those days.
Our boots were highly criticised by fellow skiers. The new cord technology won't last long.
However even now, more than twenty years later, I'm still very happy with my choice.
Also Rob finally decided to buy ski boots instead of renting. There were many reasons. An example is waiting forever in line at the ski rentals...
I was really surprised that Rob found a suitable pair he could wear (do you know his feet?).
Then he acquired a taste and started to look at the skis as well.
I gave up trying on the earflap hats (which I love) and went to listen to the expert's advice.
That was first time in years I had a close look at the modern skis and I was surprised about their width.
I tried the carving skis some years ago in France, but I was not really impressed.
Sometimes I wonder what I would I buy if my skis get dammaged at last.
You better not ask the age of my Blizzards!
I told the friendly shop assistant about my ski style and asked him what he would recommend for me.
No, he shook his head, I have nothing for you.
2 comments:
Jee, ja taky mela v Cechach Blizzardy ;0))) S krasnou svitive ruzovou skluznici!
To neni mozny, aby nemeli pro tebe zadny lyze...jakymze to vlastne jezdis stylem?
Ja ted mam 'all mountain' lyze (Salomon Scream for women). Budou se ti mozna zdat moc 'fat' v porovnani s rovnou klasikou, ale dej tomu sanci (v resortech maji vetsinou 'demos', tak muzes za poplatek vyzkouset nekolik paru za den). Sirsi lyze dobre drzi, dobre zataci, jak na upravenych sjezdovkach tak off piste ci v boulich a v prasanu se vezes (to i moje all mountains jsou moc uzky!!!). Nesmis je ale mit moc dlouhy. Na rozdil od klasickych, ktere mely byt spravne 15-20cm delsi nez ty, nynejsi lyze ti maji sahat k nosu. Ja pak mam jeste AT lyze, ty jsou o chlup sirsi nez ty all mountains. A je to znat hlavne v prasanu ;0) Chce to fakt zkusit a uvidis, ze se ti bude jezdit mnohem lehceji ;0)
Podivej se sem, treba ti to pomuze v rozhodovani:
http://www.skinet.com/skifinder
Post a Comment