Tuesday, March 3, 2009

American Curiosities?

My European friends keep asking me about America, Americans and their way of life.
Almost every day there is something on the News about this country and usually many U.S. series, movies and documentaries are presented on TV.

Do these TV programs reflect the 'American reality'?

To be honest I'm still not able to answer all questions I have got till now and I really doubt that I ever will.

I have already quite a collection of, to me interesting or kind of weird curiosities and phenomenons.
They may be 'typical American'. I don't know.
Since California is the only state I've lived in, I really can't present them as 'typical American'.

Let's say now and then I will write about things that have caught my attention in some way that I've never experienced before in any other country.
And again, this means that I can only compare to Belgium, Holland and Czech Republic.
And it is purely my personal perception.
I have no intention to criticize.
At least I'll try not to.

No comments: