Monday, March 23, 2009

I’ve Just Enrolled to University!

You will need to have a heavily armoured tank behind you to get you through the intake procedure. And ... considering your background (read= no communists consciousness) you shouldn't even consider it!
And they suggested a study of economy. Ehmm...
This was 20 years ago.

After several years I got the amazing opportunity to enroll at the Faculty of Art and Philosophy at Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
But!... then Rob got this fabulous job in California and therefore we merrily moved overseas.
There was no reason to worry about my studies in Brussels. Rob's project in Concord, CA was only for 10 months. And the professors would support my 'distance learning'.
Unfortunately, not all of them did!
And when Rob got a permanent position here in San Ramon it became even more clear. I won't be able to continue. I was extremely disappointed. There went all my career planning.
I considered continuing my studies at the local universities. Yet the possibility of moving again next month along with the towering tuition and fees made me rethink that.
Till last year when I got this idea! The Open University would be just perfect for my situation and I can even use my credits earned at the VUB.
So I tried to contact my favorite (ex-)professor and... it took more than a year but I've got my credits confirmed at last!

And this weekend I happily became a student again!

No comments: