Thursday, October 7, 2010

Postcard collection


You shouldn’t forget to take your postcard collection with you!

Then we got the heavy dish detergent box from friend’s attic.

My first thought was, they should have already thrown it away or burned it.

But back at home when I cut the string and opened the box I became greatly thankful that they have kept it all those years.

This old cardboard box was filled not only with my postcard collection but I also got back a very precious family correspondence. I found letters and postcards from my grandparents’ time, letters from my friends and even my very first love letters and poems that I forgot they existed!

All this had been carefully hidden away for years.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of internet and quick e-mails but somehow I regret that nowadays we don’t write letters and don’t send postcards to friends like twenty years ago.
We don't have time for that.

2 comments:

Foxglove said...

What a treasure to find, I love letters and post cards there is something about them I suppose for me it make things more personal, I love to hold it in my hands.

Enjoy your wonderful discoveries and sweet, sweet memories. xxxx

Phivos Nicolaides said...

I also like post cards! Kind regards from Cyprus. Travelling