Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grey day


On our beloved late Opa Maarten’s birthday I was hoping to do something special.
Both Rob and Maarten had a day off and the forecast was very promising. Unfortunately our beach outing turned out to be quite disappointing.

The sky was hopeless cloudy and grey as can be and somewhat melancholy. Grey sea indistinguishable from the grey misty skies, grey wet sand, grey...

I generally don't mind bad weather but today I got literally frozen and then! also the veggie sandwich that should have been my consolation was tasteless!

Back at home I heard the dreadful news from Switzerland and I was ashamed complaining about cold weather and dirty sandwich while others are fighting for their lives.

I tend to believe that everything happens for a purpose but this belief falls to pieces at times like these.
What is the purpose of evil?
It just doesn’t make sense.

1 comment:

HandMadeRukodelky said...

I know, I hate cold weather. But rain sometimes or gray days are great too. But only if you sit by fireplace and drink your (mine) favorite and tasty hot drink.