I didn’t get much sleep last night.
Poor Maarten was throwing up and crying because of stomach pain.
And when I fell asleep even it was only for a little while this vivid dream came back again.
This recurring dream brings me always on a metal spiral staircase made of grating that looks similar to a nautilus shell.
There is no handrail!
I try to continue up the stairs but they seem to get narrower and narrower and keep moving and collapsing the higher that I climb.
I decide to get back down but that’s no longer possible.
I get those very intense dizzy feelings of vertigo. I feel awfully scared paralyzed with fear that I might fall off. That's why I keep pushing myself into the middle away from the edge.
As far as I can remember I keep having this horrifying dream for months now.
So I decided to do a little research online to figure out what my dreams mean.
Here are a few explanations:
If climbing a staircase, stumbling, it means that we must not be complacent, and we must take all necessary precautions to be able to achieve our purposes.
A spiral staircase symbolizes a vicious circle. It is often accompanied by feelings of anxiety and fear and symbolizes that we are spending our energy on something that is not worth our effort.
To dream that you have vertigo, symbolizes gloominess and loss in domestic happiness. You’re feeling confused or not thinking clearly overwhelmed deeply in mind or emotion. Things are out of control or you're out of control.
Stairs represent transition, change and personal growth. When we use them, we make direct contact with our feet. This makes them symbolic of change on a very specific, personal level.
Old or decrepit stairs may invite us to revisit an issue from our past, or something we have been putting off for a long time.
Ooh well, that's interesting! But who knows, this dream might even disappear from my subconscious by writing it down.
And most importantly, in the early morning Maarten was up and about again doing really well like nothing ever happened! In comparison to me.
Sources:
Sapphire Dream Interpretation
Nancy Wagaman
Nelamoxtli Libro de la Verdad
The Dream Well
Ian Wallace
No comments:
Post a Comment