Sunday, May 20, 2007

Del Valle - East Shore/Heron Bay Trail




There is something we should have known before our furnishings were moved here from Europe. We should take more ‘brocante’ stuff with us to the U.S. I haven’t thought about the opportunity not having here much choice to get old gear or better said to get any at all.
And indeed it does happen here of course: I’ve decided to get ‘new’ patio furniture in ‘brocante’ style.

I have to mention it even...I'd like to forget it as soon as possible. On Saturday driving back from another unsuccessful furniture hunt we ended up in an awful traffic jam by Emeryville. This wouldn’t be that special but the only possibility for us was to take the Bay Bridge to the City! So our trip home turned to be 3 in stead of 1 hour drive.

Relaxing in the backyard afterwards Rob came up with the idea of making a wooden table himself. And believe me I have nothing against that!

Especially because of me NO shopping on Sunday but early in the morning we headed in the middle of nowhere...
Actually by accident we drove to the northern shore of Del Valle Reservoir. It was very windy up the hills but the view of the lake that fills the canyon was worth the climb. Here you can even feel a sense of solitude yet just around the corner live seven million people!
We couldn’t wish a better comfort after the bad luck on Saturday.

No comments: