Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tomatoes

I love tomatoes. Unfortunately those you buy in the supermarket never taste like they used to from our garden when I was a child.
Our yesterday talk with a friend of mine encouraged me to grow my own tomatoes in the backyard. As a Greek from origin she loves tomatoes too and last year she was growing tomatoes in her backyard very successfully.
I’ve decided to give it a try too. At the garden center I chose some (hopefully) good kind for the containers. Floating in the tomato dream and looking for a suitable soil I was surprised Maarten is singing so lovely and is not bored in the shopping cart as usually.
Now I had to wake up! Maarten was plucking the leaves of the poor tomato plants and throwing them everywhere around…
I hope he will not repeat this in our backyard since I’ve already planted them with a lot of love even putting an egg in the planting hole for extra calcium and sulfur ;-)

No comments: