Monday, August 20, 2007

After Lassen...




Coming home from the beautiful mountains means laundry laundry laundry…nothing exciting to write about.

Unfortunate Maarten had another fever attack this Thursday. No other symptoms and it lasted just one day again! I hope it’s nothing since I’m already worried about the PFAFA.

At last we’ve managed to get together and ‘organize’ another Czech play date on Friday. I was not very comfortable to take Maarten there. He was very quiet sitting on my lap most of the time so I was feeling pretty guilty. He might still be tired or was he really that shy?
Probably since Friday he has got a small aphthae in his mouth which makes him very unhappy. I don’t recognize his behavior. He does eat very little and he fights back when we try to brush his teeth.

I was planning another hiking trip for this Sunday. However my proposal was accepted with little enthusiasm so we ended up at the Oakland ZOO.
Nothing changed from the last time we’ve been here. Maarten is still frightened by the goats and sheep at the petting ZOO.

His favorites are the bats (Malayan Flying Fox). I’m never much impressed by this ZOO but I agree the bats are interesting to observe.







PS: Tonight Maarten graduated to a big-boy bed. And surprise surprise… he stayed there the whole night! He still fits in his crib easily but since he is jumping out and climbing in for a while it’s not that safe anymore. Considering our trip to Europe next month and being without a crib out there I believe this should spare me a lot of trouble.

No comments: