Friday, August 31, 2007

'Rarášek'


Rob is sailing the bay tonight and I was hoping to see at least some pictures.
But sorry! There will be none! (PS: at least a picture taken by Rob's colleague Miguel)



This is actually the last picture I took with our camera. And I believe this little face tells enough already.
Yesterday before we left for the orientation day at Maarten’s preschool he took the camera out of my bag and simply broke it to pieces. You can understand that all my good intentions to make the school visit as relaxed as possible were gone.

Maarten seems to like his new teacher but there were also some tears flowing when another little boy kept shouting ‘Ethan’ toward him.

Maarten quit his afternoon napping this weekend! Does the heat wave we are coping with these days have something to do with that? Anyway I’m happy and exhausted at the same time. He would stay the whole day outdoors in the heat. We are the only ones at the neighborhood playground. Even the cows are squeezed in the shade of the few trees in the dried out grassy hills and the vultures keep circle above us…
At least the water sprinklers keep showering the park grassy area. That’s where you find our Maarten of course.

No comments: