Wednesday, August 1, 2007

DynoTikes and Dry Shampoo


You can see the pond with a fountain from the glass walls of the gym where the gymnastic class takes place. The water is still far more attractive to Maarten than the Monkey’s high bar or even the trampoline. I was doing my best to drive his attention away from the fountain and win him over for all the gymnastic events in the room. Maarten is pretty good at climbing (unfortunately nothing news!), jumping or balancing. But I’m not sure he likes to do that when he supposed to. He doesn’t really like to do the twist at the Monkey’s bar. The ‘Bear walk’ at the parallel bars is O.K. but it seems to be boring to him. The teacher is wonderful and luckily also this class combines the movement with music and singing. And there are a lot of balls and rings of all sizes they can play with and run after.


Within a couple of days we are leaving for our next vacation. Because we may camp somewhere with no water I’ve thought of using a dry shampoo since after every camping trip I’m seriously considering to shave all my hair off. In Czechoslovakia some 20 years ago you could buy a dry shampoo so I had a good hope to get something similar here. This is not the case! In the local drugs stores they were looking at me like I was speaking Czech to them. Finally I’ve found it at the internet but I’m too late to order it. There was also another suggestion: to scatter your scalp with cornstarch would work the same way. Should I give it a try?


PS: Today's play date at the Central Park. It was very hot and very busy.

No comments: