My car was broken down and it looked pretty innocent. At first they had to replace some quite important part. And the importance equals the price, huh?
There was another much more significant issue which made this year’s first weeks to be almost unbearable to me...uhmm...I hope this was the last pregnancy test in my life.
I was planning to visit Europe in February. Unfortunately my passport is expiring soon. I was pleased to hear I do not need to travel all the way to the Dutch Embassy in Los Angeles. There is actually a Consular Office in San Mateo just across the bridge. But here in San Mateo there may be another problem, I've already been warned about. The manners of the executive lady at this office are not particularly friendly. No questions were allowed on the phone and she simply refuses to add Maarten into my passport. And will she like my passport pictures?!
O.K. Enough of my pathetic and self-involved whining.
Maarten is doing so wonderful in the prep class (which means children ages 2 through 3.5 years old). He has been recently recommended to be ‘promoted’ to the ‘real’ preschool. The preschool is for children ages 3 through 5. I was really surprised that the teachers consider him able to move up even before his 3rd birthday. Not that I do have so little confidence in Maarten but rather considering his English language needs. That's why I would never expect they would made this suggestion so soon.
According to the teacher he is ready to be more stimulated and to do more-advanced activities. Great!
I’m sure he will miss his beloved Miss Robin and Miss Irma but it’s time to move on for our little boy.
And we are very proud of him!