Maarten is at school and this morning is so lovely I don’t want to give that up too quickly. Comforting myself that Sunol is in the clouds anyway I go back to Las Trampas and climb the Rocky Ridge which I’ve already planned to do last Friday. The streams are all full again and bubble cheerful around the trail. It is silly but I have to think how Maarten would enjoy playing with the water.
Although we already walked here before there was never any water in this small stream bed.

Now there is even a small waterfall along the Elderberry trail.
This is the nice side of hiking after so many rainy days. Less pleasant however are the drenched muddy paths. It is so slippery, I guess I’m very lucky not to fall straight into the mud. At last I decide to take a grassy but very steep cow path directly to the ridge.

The view of Mount Diablo is always nice and today the top is even sprinkled with snow.
The bay and the San Francisco skyline are good visible but unfortunately my camera is not that advanced to capture how beautiful the views from the ridge really are.

I have to go back since I don’t want to be late to pick up Maarten.

I almost step on this little guy ( I know I would feel horrible if I did). I can’t identify him but he seems very friendly and continues slow over the muddy path.
(I learn later that day that he belongs to the newt
family and if he feels threatened he would secrete a very toxic substance from his rough skin.)
No comments:
Post a Comment