I’m looking forward to our first CW hike on Thursday morning but unfortunately it is cancelled. Due to the rain of course. I guess the other ladies don’t own such wonderful Dutch waterproofs like I do ;-)

There is snow at the top of the Sunol hills again. Even though the weather is really not inviting, I feel I can’t stay inside anymore. I can’t stand to look at the tempting hillsides all around our place. At least for a while I have to go out.
I don’t expect anyone will join me so I plan to take a challenging hike to the mountain ridge and maybe enjoy the view of snowy Mount Diablo.
But there go my plans! The men actually decide to join me.
We end up at the running creek close to our home. Maarten soon looks like a mud ball. He is so exited to be in his favorite hills again.
No problem that he falls several times in the rain drenched mud. Due to the dirt,soon, you can’t see much of his shoes and you would understand that keeping him away from the puddles is complete impossible. Never mind as long as he is happy.

We have got the company of a lonely bull. He mooes so loudly! He watches us with an unfriendly expression that seemes to say: Keep your distance! Maarten is aware and I’m not comfortable either since I’ve learned recently that the bulls can be quite a danger to the hikers. Luckily we are not captivating enough to this big fellow and he continues to graze.
PS:...and... by the way, we have a student in the family again! No, not me unfortunately. Rob has actually started his study at Arizona State University.
And besides that he just gained a CSOC Supreme Certificate this week. We are proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment