Instead of enjoying my favorite Crow Canyon Road I get tailgated by an annoying platinum blond woman in a huge SUV. I still maintain the speed limit. You never know if there is a hidden police officer with his laser speed gun. And the fines are here painfully high.
Anyway, the lady finally gets her own lane and passes at race tempo. I’m relieved and can enjoy the scenery again...
But there is a motorcyclist behind a tree along the way. It could indeed be a police officer but I don’t see any radar gun. Slowly he puts his helmet on. He seems to be very relaxed. I’m relieved it’s not the police since I may also drive a little above the required speed thanks to the lady that was behind me. I see him again speeding next to me and I see those two red and blue lights turning on along with the siren.
At first it looks like it’s me who has to pull over. But the blond lady is the less lucky one for today. And she was in such hurry...
I guess this is my lucky day anyway. I'am supposes to get my passport within 3 weeks! The lady at the consulate is not as unfriendly as the rumors go. It’s true her manners are quite ‘special’ but even we had a nice chat afterwards and she took Maarten to explore ‘the secrets’ behind the next office door.
By the way, she reminds me a lot of my favorite professor Lis in Brussels. Also Prof. Lis was not beloved but rather frightened most of her students yet I never had problems getting along with her.
Speaking of that, how I do miss my studies!!!
PS: The house has been shaking already since the afternoon and we hear the Melusina crying again. There is another stormy night ahead (60 mph, locally even 80 mph).
No comments:
Post a Comment