
Rob met one of our new neighbors today. Among other things he learned more about the plan for the open space area next to our home. We have already heard some rumors from other worried neighbors. Though we will probably (and hopefully) not experience the construction itself we are also quite concerned about ruining such a beautiful highlands area.

I can not imagine that the planned 800 homes and facilities will not influence the adjacent wilderness area of Las Trampas. The construction plans actually encompass grading and leveling the hills and even moving a creek.

I understand the concerns of the homeowners in the adjacent area. The construction and the future residential area may affect the quality of living in our community. Luckily for us (if we still live here then) there will be only a pedestrian access to the new neighborhood from our street so the court will probably stay calm and safe for playing children as it is at present.
According to the planning, there will also be a buffer zone between our hillside and the development area and they promise to plant a row of trees to break the view.

Though I try to understand the necessity of such residential building projects I’m never really pleased by sacrificing peaceful open spaces to ‘more utilitarian ends’.

Speaking of maintaining our open spaces there is also another issue that upsets most of the nature lovers in California. Our state needs more money and therefore proposes to shut down 48 state parks and decrease the number of seasonal lifeguards at state beaches.
The only thing I hope for is that these natural areas will not suffer under this regulation.
No comments:
Post a Comment