A Dutch - Czech family in Angola: This blog is about daily life adventures and about whatever happens to cross my mind.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
A lizard is your friend
Every morning there is a fresh dropping right in front of the door.
I thought it’s from the big lizards living in our yard and didn't really pay that much attention to it at all until yesterday. Our neighbor said she suspected rats!
Quite distracting, considering that Maarten is playing there all the time.
I did some research and found that there's probably no need to worry.
Rodent’s droppings when dry remain solid compared to those here that crumble very easily into a dark dust.
There is a little white blob on one end of the lizard poop which is their nitrogenous waste, their equivalent of urine.
Rats poo is several at time and we mostly find only one.
Also one thing, I learned that lizards eat mosquitoes and other insects and compared to rats their poop is not toxic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment