A Dutch - Czech family in Angola: This blog is about daily life adventures and about whatever happens to cross my mind.
Friday, May 4, 2012
Luanda from the roof of the Maianga building
I was on my way home from the grocery store, stuck in a traffic jam. Rob called me to come to his office as soon as possible to bring Maarten’s and my passport. As our ordinary visa is about to expire soon we need to arrange residency visa.
Considering the time of the year this is quite inconvenient. The school year ends June 8th and then most moms and children will leave for their home country.
Now our application is submitted our passports are therefore unavailable until the visa process is completed.
I can’t imagine to be forced to stay here with Maarten and no other kids the whole summer only because of the visa procedure!
Anyway, Rob’s office is down town Luanda and because I haven't been to the city since our arrival I was quite happy to go. It’s always quite an adventure to get there even outside the rush hours. Well, down town the traffic never really stops, the cars keep crawling through the small streets all day round. You just need to relax and forget that you are in a hurry. I find watching the street life real fun and interesting: the colorful dressed elegant ladies carrying goods for sale on their heads and babies strapped on their backs, the street vendors selling almost anything you can think of dangerously walking among the moving cars.
I still haven't found the courage to take pictures from the car window.
However, today I brought my camera with me and asked Rob to photograph Luanda from the roof of his office where he usually has his lunch.
So here are the pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment