A Dutch - Czech family in Angola: This blog is about daily life adventures and about whatever happens to cross my mind.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Trip to the beach
At first we were a little bit hesitating to visit the beach. Well, we didn’t really know how to get there.
Also our driver had to ask first where to find the company boat that should bring us to the beach across the bay to Ilha do Mussulo, a 35km long peninsula running parallel to the coast of Luanda.
When we arrived at the Embarcadouro we got surrounded by the boat owners offering their boats.
Luckily, we didn’t have to choose among those as some of them didn’t look very seaworthy.
The boat trip was very pleasant and Maarten was screaming with excitement. The boat went really fast and I was a little frightened, to be honest.
As we approached the coastline of Mussulo I was surprised by its beauty. Amazing white sandy beaches fringed with lush green mangroves and coconut palms.
Such a stunning place, however, strange enough, there was no one at the beach just us, the beach staff and occasional vendors!
I prefer a quiet beach but it was obvious that Maarten could use more action around.
The sea was seemingly calm only while swimming I noticed the undertow and strong current. It took a huge effort to move forward.
There was a deep water warning sign on the beach stating 5 meter just few steps from the shore. The swimming area was marked off by ropes and buoys but there was no lifeguard.
I was terrified when I realized that Maarten wasn’t actually able to swim back to the shore without pulling himself along the rope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
what an exciting life... oooohhhh I want to visit so bad :-)
Broni, you are welcome!
:-)
Post a Comment